Survivor San Juan Del Sur Logo

Survivor San Juan Del Sur Logo

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Brains Tribe: Nerd Alert!

Survivor 28 Cagayan is still 2 weeks away from premiering.  But in the meanwhile I’m giving you guy’s a preview of each of the three tribes. This season the 18 contestants are divided by brawn, brains and beauty.  Last week we took a closer look at the Brawn tribe, today it’s time to see what the brains tribe is made of.
Brains has been the qualification that has historically produced the most survivor victors. Although it can also hurt, as lawyers, high-educated players always raise a red flag with the other contestants. They’re pegged as possible powerplayers which can lead to an early exit or at the least make it very difficult to hide for the brainiacs. Subsequently, it’s not surprising that many of the brains tribe members will be trying to downplay their intellect.

  

First up is probably the most polarizing and hyped up player this season: Spencer Bledsoe. Spencer  is a 21-year old student in Chicago and is tagged as this season villain. But although his last name sounds ominous (First time I heard his last name, it sounded like ‘bloodsaw’.), I don’t really seem him living up to those expectations as I think his tribe mates will quickly see what’s spencer is all about. I definitely don’t see him as a next Russel Hantz. Spencer’s biggest opponent will probably be spencer himself as he comes over as very arrogant in his pregame interview. Luckily for him he does realize that which leaves Spencer as a question  mark to me as to how far he will go. In the end, I think we’ll mostly remember Spencer as more of an entertaining player to watch then as one of the great survivor winners.

Next up for the brains tribe is Kass, a 40-year old attorney from California. Kass reminds me of a lot of Kathy from Survivor Marquesas and the first All-Stars. And although I’m sure she has the potential and the skills to be as good as Kathy, I’m afraid she’ll never get the chance. In this group of odd ducks, she seems as the odd one out and that’s saying something. As such I expect her to be the first person voted off, the second this tribe has to go to tribal. Her only chance might be to align with the older people in her tribe like David. But in the end I don’t have high hopes for Kass.

Number three is Garret, a 27-year old poker player from California. On paper this guy is perfect. If you would look up in the dictionary what It takes to win survivor,  you would see this guy’s picture next to it. He has the brains, the profession, the abs and the social swag this game requires to win it. But offcourse that doesn’t mean he destined to win this season. If his tribe recognizes his skillset as easy as I just did, which isn’t so unlikely, he could become an early target. Nevertheless, in this tribe that has a lot of favorites, he’s my big favorite to go all the way.

Next in line is J’tia a 31-year old nuclear engineer/ model from Chicago, Illinois. Despite her unlikely combination as a nuclear engineer and a model, she seems to me as the most bland and uninteresting character in this tribe of brainiacs. There isn’t much to tell about J’tia as I don’t see her getting far at all in this game unless she can latch herself onto a majority alliance. J’Tia chances to win this game are as laughable as her statement that she digs nerds.

Last but one is Tasha Fox, a 36-year old CPA from Missouri.  Tasha seems like a very enjoyable and gitty person who does well in any group.  As such, I don’t see her having troubles getting into a majority alliance. But when it comes to her chances to actually win the game, I don’t see them as high. People will quickly see her as a jury threat and vote her out the moment her usefulness has run out.

Last is David Samson,  45 years old, lives in Florida and is the president of Miami Marlins Baseball team. Next to Cliff, David (or Samson which I’m calling him by from now on) is the other semi-celeb this season. As long as he can get into the right alliance, I can see him getting far. He seems laidback, wise and as he has already accomplished and experienced much in his life,  he shouldn’t be to nervous for something like this. If he can bring that over to his tribe mates, people will perceive him as trustworthy and will want to align with him. I don’t see Samson winning this game but I do see him getting far.

The brains tribe is by far the most interesting tribe of the three with many of my personal favorites in it. In that way it’s kinda of a shame that we might lose some of them pretty early on. As to my predictions for this tribe, I expect an alliance between, Garret, Spencer, Samson and Tasha. Leaving J’tia and Kass on the sidelines being the first targets. Garret is my big favorite. He has it all but will that be enough? Survivor can be ironic like that from time to time.

That wraps it up for the brains tribe. You can find the 'meet the cast' vids below. Next week it’s time for a closer inspection to what beauty has in store for us.






No comments:

Post a Comment